Past Education Award Recipients
Requirements & Application
Applicants must be in good standing and meet one of the following criteria:
- A current member
- A spouse or child of a current member
Pearland Police Department
- A current employee of the Pearland Police Department
- A spouse or child of a current employee of the Pearland Police Department
Explorer Post / Teen CPA / Teen Leadership
- A member in good standing of Law Enforcement Explorer Post program
- A member in good standing of Teen CPA / Youth Leadership Program
- Applicants must have been accepted for enrollment at an accredited college, university or regional law enforcement academy or an accredited trade or technical school.
Applicants must submit all the following prior to the application deadline:
(June 30 – Fall Deadline; November 30 – Spring Deadline)
- A completed Education Award Application Form.
- A letter of acceptance from or proof of current enrollment at an accredited college, university or regional law enforcement academy, or an accredited trade or technical school.
- Proof of GPA with a minimum of 2.5 either from High School (if the applicant has not started undergraduate studies) or from the accredited college, university or regional law enforcement academy, or an accredited trade or technical school.
- 300-600 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Police Community Relations
- Law Enforcements Role in American Society
- Police Professionalism
- The Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
- The Effects of a Law Enforcement Career on Family
- Copies of any graduate certificates from PCPAAA, Explorer Post, Teen CPA or Youth Leadership Program.
Education Awards are awarded in the amount and not to exceed $500.00 per semester per applicant.
An applicant may receive a lifetime cumulative total of not more than four (4) Education Awards.
All application material becomes the property of the Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) and shall not be returned to the applicant.
Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) reserves the right to request from the applicant any additional information it deems necessary to make a proper award decision, including information previously reserved or deleted by the applicant. Applicant’s failure to provide this information may result in the denial at the sole discretion of Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association of an award being made to the applicant.
Applications will be graded using the scale attached.
Completed applications should be mailed or emailed to:
Attn: Education Award Committee
2555 Cullen Parkway
Pearland, TX 77581
Subject: Education Award Application
- The Pearland Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA) will make every effort to decide prior to the start date listed on the application.
- Applicants will be notified by email.
- Applications will be considered in the order they are received for each semester.
- The decision of the PCPAAA is final.
**The PCPAAA will award up to three (3) Education Awards for each Fall and Spring Semester**